The Iowa Society of Enrolled Agents is putting on its second annual fall seminar. Dates are Tuesday, October 25, and Wednesday, October 26, at the Drury Inn in West Des Moines.
Here are the topics:
- History of Marriage and Taxes — I’ll be presenting this topic, based on my research into the history of marriage in the tax code
- Complexities of Married Filing Separately in Iowa — I’ll be presenting this topic as well, about the oddities of Iowa taxes and married filing separately filing status
- Qualified Child or Qualifying Relative
- Earned Income Tax and other Child Related Credits
- The end of the marriage, What Next?
- Code Section 183- Not for Profit or “Hobby”
- IRS Auditing Schedules C
- Entity Selection
- The Basics of Basis
This event is registered with the IRS and is approved for 16 hours of CPE. It’s open to EAs, CPAs and any tax pro who’s looking for CPE. You can find registration information here.