Filing Issues

/Tag:Filing Issues

From the Archives: Yes, You Have to File a Tax Return Even If You’re 72 Years Old

By | November 21st, 2016|Categories: From the Archives|Tags: , |

There's a rumor out there that you can stop filing tax returns when you turn 72. This rumor is not true.

If I Turn 65 in August, Am I 65 on My Tax Return?

By | March 24th, 2016|Categories: Potpourri of Tax Topics|Tags: |

The answer is yes. Your age on December 31 is considered your age for the entire year.

How to Fix a Schedule C Filed In the Wrong Spouse’s Name

By | February 25th, 2016|Categories: Small Business Tax and Accounting|Tags: , , |

How to fix a Schedule C filed in the wrong spouse's name.

Who Has to File a Tax Return?

By | February 10th, 2011|Categories: Potpourri of Tax Topics|Tags: |

Do you have to file a tax return?  The filing requirements are based on your gross income.  For 2010, a single person under age 65 is required to file a return if their gross income is more than $9,350.  A married couple where both spouses are under age 65 are required to file a tax return if their gross income is more [...]

Comments Off on Who Has to File a Tax Return?