Glossary: Partnership

By | January 24th, 2017|Categories: Glossary|Tags: , , |

A partnership is a business with two or more owners who conduct business and are not incorporated.

Comments Off on Glossary: Partnership

Glossary: Form K-1

By | January 12th, 2017|Categories: Glossary|Tags: |

Form K-1 is a reporting form issued by partnerships, S-Corporations, estates and trusts. Form K-1 reports an individual shareholder’s or beneficiary’s share of the entity’s income and deductions for the year.

Comments Off on Glossary: Form K-1

Glossary: C-Corporation

By | December 23rd, 2016|Categories: Glossary, Small Business Tax and Accounting|Tags: , |

A C-corporation is a tax term referring to one of two ways a corporation can be taxed.

Comments Off on Glossary: C-Corporation

From the Archives: When Does the “1099s to Veterinarians” Rule Start?

By | November 25th, 2016|Categories: Glossary|Tags: , |

I've done a few posts on issuing 1099s to veterinarians, and all of those posts are popular. This one from September 2014 addresses the question of "when does the 1099s to veterinarians" rule start?

Comments Off on From the Archives: When Does the “1099s to Veterinarians” Rule Start?

Glossary: Payroll Taxes

By | November 1st, 2016|Categories: Glossary|Tags: , |

Payroll tax refers to taxes an employer pays when the employer has employees.

Comments Off on Glossary: Payroll Taxes